Monday, July 9, 2012

Strive to Remember

You know, I was just thinking of all the posts over the 4th honoring our soldiers and reminding us to pray for and uphold them and well we should!  They need our prayer desperately!  But I feel that so often we forget that many of those soldiers have wives and children here at home, eagerly waiting for the day when their soldier comes home!  They are struggling.  They are hurting.  They are longing for the warmth of their husband's and father's hug.  They must struggle with fear and loneliness.  I'm not writing this to discourage anyone who may be reading, I just want to point out the we often forget the loved ones of the soldiers.  Those soldiers are praying for their families to be safe and to be strong.  We need to uphold them too!  Let's not forget the soldier's families. 
To all military families ... May the Lord hold you close to Himself and protect you and keep you strong til your soldier comes home!
For those grieving the loss of loved ones, your loved one is our hero and we honor their memory.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful reminder. Sometimes I do remember the wives, but there are little children going to school everyday, coming home to no daddy (or Mommy), going to bed, getting up and doing it all over again. Sometimes I forget them. I'll try to remember and pray more.

    ReplyDelete