Monday, May 28, 2012

This is the first year that I put out flags for Memorial Day.  I don't know why I haven't done so before.  It is important for us to remember that many have died for the freedoms we so often take for granted.  I want to thank my brothers, serving in the Air Force and Army, among the many others, for their faithful service and sacrifice.  I appreciate you both and I'm so proud of you!  I also want to thank my father-in-law for his service during Vietnam; my brother-in-law, who served in the Marines and did his tour in Iraq; my cousin, who is currently serving in the Army; my husband's cousin in the Air Force; and Charlie, who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  You all hold a place of pride in our hearts and you deserve to be recognized.
It is my hope that my children will love America and recognize what a great country we've been blessed to be born into.  May they also learn to thank God for our freedom and pray that He will continue to bless our nation: that He will continue to shower His mercy on this land.
 Alexis de Tocqueville once said "...America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." 
In spite of many who desire to erase God from our country, God has continued His underserved grace.  May the "good" prevail!  Stay true to the right!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I had not read that quote before. It is a good one for sure. Praying for all who are serving in the military. Syd never fails to wear red on Fridays,till the troops come home. I try, but am not as diligent as he--just one little way to remember on a regular basis. I think it's a good idea. Thanks for the recognition of all those listed above, too.

    ReplyDelete