Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Softball Game

We went to Ahren's 2nd softball game tonight and his team won!  Yay!! 
During practice however, a little girl was hit by a ball one of the guys missed.  She wasn't hurt badly-Praise the Lord, but her father wanted her to lay down the rest of the game.  I sat with her.  At one point she wanted to fall asleep, but she didn't!  She did really good.  By the end of the game she was sitting up.  I think her dad was going to take her to the doctors for a check-up to make sure she didn't have a concusion or anything else wrong.  Just really happy she was okay!!
What a "game"!   I hope the Thursday night game is much better!  Go Exploding Ducks!!
P.S.  Ahren didn't name his team and I haven't heard anyone shouting the team name yet-including myself.  I just can't bring myself to scream, "Go Exploding Ducks, GO!!"  Oh, and I should keep a tally of all the "fly" balls!  Hahahaha.

3 comments:

  1. That is a hilarious name for a team! It could make for quite a cheer though, about dynamite, or something, "blow 'em up, Ducks!!"
    Glad the little girl is o.k.
    Your blog is going to be great. I love that photo at the top, serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chuckling at the name! Somehow "exploding ducks" doesn't paint a very pretty picture in my head! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't see how those 2 words together popped into the guy's head who named the team!! :-) Makes for good memories though!

      Delete